Ah yes - a new year, a new bounty of food and farm news just for you! Time to settle in, drink a hot beverage and peruse the latest headlines:
2012: A review...
In fiscal cliff/farm policy news...
2012: A review...
- "2012: The Year in Food News" - Sarah Gordon, Earth Eats
- "The Top 10 Stories of the Year in Agriculture, Food and Water" - Sara Sciammacco, Environmental Working Group
- "The year in food and farming" - Twilight Greenaway, Grist.org
- "The Year In Food Policy: What Passed, What Didn't - And What It Means for You" - Steve Holt, TakePart: Food
- "A Year of Progress: The 5 Biggest Food-Movement Victories of 2012" - Megan Bedard, TakePart: Food
- "Committee Leaders Agree To One-Year Farm Bill Extension" - Sarah Gordon, Earth Eats
- "Congress extends farm bill, still manages to screw sustainable farmers" - Twilight Greenaway, Grist.org
- "Don't like today's food monopolies? Blame Robert Bork" - Tom Laskawy, Grist.org
- "Chilling effect: How warmer winters could ruin fruit" - Rachel Cemansky, Grist.org
- "Drought Puts The Squeeze On Already Struggling Fish Farms" - Kristofor Husted
- "6 Reasons GMO Labeling Will Pass in Washington State" - Ronnie Cummins, AlterNet.org
- "Are You Ready for GMO Surf-and-Turf?" - Clare Leschin-Hoar, TakePart: Food
- "A New Year's Resolution: Put Animals on an Antibotics Diet" - Laura Rogers, Civil Eats
- "The Problem With All of This 'Overweight People Live Longer' News" - Lindsay Abrams, The Atlantic
- "Sustenance After Hurricane Sandy" - Rebecca Manski, Civil Eats
- "Haiti's Women Farmers: 'We Will Rise Again'" - Elizabeth Stevens, Oxfam
- "Immigrant farmers grow against the odds" - Jennifer Langston, Grist.org
- "Millennials Suit Up as Next-Generation Farmers" - Amy DuFault